Monday, June 11, 2012

change of plans

Today would best be summed up as "change of plans" day. Almost everything that I set out to accomplish today was changed. I went from being a very busy person to a very "how did I end up with so much time on my hands" mama in seemingly a blink of an eye.

Some things did go as planned though. I did get the house cleaned early. I did get some laundry done. I did get the garden watered... but then the skies decided that it wanted to sprinkle/light rain. So I guess that I could have skipped the gardening and just have let Mother Nature take care of things for me.


Of course, since it started raining, I didn't want to walk the mile to and from the school to attend Punk's sixth grade picnic or Peanut's end of the year party (yep... Mom of the Year award right here!) indoors, so instead, I let Sweet Pea run around and practice her soccer kicks in the rain. She loved it! Even Pork Chop had a blast playing in his swing, standing in the grass and jabbering at my berry bush and looking up at the sky trying to figure out who left the shower running.

In the afternoon, I was supposed to watch a friend's son so I made sure that naps were handled quickly. But then, change of plans again, and they never showed. So I have two hours to myself to sit and twiddle my thumbs because, of course, I forgot to grab my kindle for reading and couldn't leave Pork Chop unattended on the bed.

By this time, I realized that I had forgotten to get dinner in the crock pot in the morning. Change of plans! I improvised and made a very yummy southwestern chicken salad instead. We even managed to get in a bike ride tonight, albeit a short one.

Hopefully, the rest of the week will go MUCH smoother than today did... or that I will least have a bit more warning before plans change.

No comments:

Post a Comment