Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's day

What a day! I really wanted to go all out for hubby today since its his special day and his first with our little Pork Chop. But I knew that things weren't going to go as planned when Pork Chop suddenly spiked a fever of 103 last night out of the blue. Something ended up making me give hubby the cards/pictures that the littles drew him last night and I am glad that I did. Because I never would have thought about them first thing in the morning.

My plan was to let hubby sleep in and then serve him breakfast in bed. Instead, I got a restless night with Pork Chop, followed by an early morning wake up when I couldn't deal with my little furnace kicking any longer. Good thing too because when I peeked at the baby, his entire body looked like it was glowing. I took his temperature and freaked (first time I have ever been truly scared by a fever). It was 105.3 in the ear! I woke hubby who remained calm and got a mix of tylenol and motrin into him. Within an hour, he was back to 103 and continued to fall until it hit 101. That was definitely more to my liking and because of hubby's ability to remain calm, we avoided the ER again.


I wasn't sure about following any of our original plans until I knew how the baby was going to fare so we let him catch a nap in daddy's arms while we waited. And waited. And waited some more. But the fever seemed to remain steady at 101 so we ended up doing our normal weekend errands.


While out, I managed to sneak the ingredients for a Snickers cake into the cart. If I couldn't do everything that I wanted for hubby, at least I could do that. And I did it well! The cake was phenomenal!! Not the best gift to someone trying to lose weight and get into better shape but its not every day that you get to celebrate the greatest daddy in the world.


We even managed to get in one of our bike rides. It was just around the creek but with the temps in the high 80s and the humidity a killer, it felt like MUCH further than the 17 miles that it really was. Word of advice from me, don't attempt hills in the humidity. They become worse! And words of wisdom from hubby, don't attempt a strenous ride after eating Snickers cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment