Friday, June 22, 2012

dropped the ball on that one

It is definitely going to take me some getting used to our summer routine! Second time this week that things have been canceled or switched around but at least this time, its totally on me. Well, me and Pork Chop. He didn't sleep so well last night which meant that he was ready for a nap early today. I let him take a morning nap only to remember once he laid down that today was his special day at the library. Ooops. So yeah, no baby bear picnic for the little man. Hopefully, we can catch the second one in July. We still did end up at the library for a little while though. Its a great place to hang out during the summer year.


I am totally failing to see what the fascination with the train table is when there are about a million books in front of you but my kids all flock to it. So much so that I am seriously thinking about asking hubby to build a train table for the house. I saw the plans for one that doubles as a lego table... which would be pretty close to perfection in Sweet Pea's eyes.

We did manage to get everyone signed up for the summer reading program today. Punk and Peanut are both in the preteen group, meeting at the community center. Sweet Pea is now officially in the children's group! They have their summer reading sheets and know when and how many they need by each date to qualify for a "prize". Punk is reading through "The Lost Hero", Peanut is reading whatever book is closest to her hand when I tell her its time for silent reading and Sweet Pea is devouring her way through the Magic Tree House series.

No comments:

Post a Comment