Wednesday, June 20, 2012

pretty much sums it up

I am pretty positive that the older three were over a year before they discovered the joys of "digging for gold". I guess that everyone who has been telling me what a genius Pork Chop is wasn't kidding. Not that him picking his nose has anything to do with our fun today but the look on his face sure sums up how it went.


Sweet Pea missed preschool skate this morning in hopes that family skate would be a better summer activity for us. Um yeah... we will definitely NOT be doing this one again. For one thing, preschool skate costs me $5 a person (ok, so Sweet Pea is the only one young enough to attend but still...) . Family skate costs me $8 per person and Pork Chop is not allowed out on the floor. So right there, its a difference of $6 ($1 allows strollers on the rink) to $24! Yes, I am cheap and will stick with the $6.

Second, Sweet Pea was more than a little bit intimidated by the louder music, darkened rink and faster skaters. So basically, I paid $8 for her to ask to sit in the stroller and skip out on skating after the first half hour. And she didn't get a snack (that was a HUGE deal in her mind since preschool skaters get a snack of apple juice and cinnamon crackers).

Then... both Punk and Peanut complained that the $8 only covered skates. They would rather I spend $10 so they could fall on their behinds with blades instead. When I mentioned that they could use THEIR money to pay the difference and get the blades, you would have though that I had suggested slicing off their ears and using those. Not that it mattered because after the first half hour, Punk had fallen so many times that he was begging not to have to skate again this summer. Peanut, who also stumbled her fair share, got the hang of skating much quicker and decided that it was her favorite activity ever. *sigh*

I am going to see about Peanut skating with Sweet Pea at the preschool skate next week. Since its not crowded ever, I am hoping that they will allow her even if she is older. And to make up the "unfairness" to Punk, I am going to add another day of bowling to our week or try making it a point of hitting the driving range more than once a month for him. I know that he would appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment