Friday, June 8, 2012

a bit of a hiatus

Wow, its definitely been longer than I had thought. After dealing with some major depression in February, followed by a family vacation that spanned the end of March to almost the middle of April, soccer season for Punk, many issues with Peanut, just plain chasing Sweet Pea and Pork Chop, I didn't realize that it had been so long since I made it a point of sitting down and doing for me.

So now that summer vacation will be starting in a week, I guess its as good as a time as any to get back into the swing of things. Of giving myself a small bit of time to, once again, collect and organize my thoughts.


Eventually, I am sure that I will go back and try to fill in some of the blanks. I would love to be able to share bits and pieces from our amazing family vacation, little things about the school year and soccer season, Pork Chop's amazing first year (which isn't over yet!). But for now, I think that I need to just take one step at a time and focus on the here and now instead of what happened in the past few months.


So the here and now....


Punk graduates sixth grade on Wednesday. Here, since elementary school goes until 6th, they host a graduation for the students. Its a huge deal for them and one that I know that he has been looking forward to all school year. His soccer team ended up in second place for both the fall and spring seasons. Punk took band and finished his year as a drummer... and promptly decided that he is not really cut out for band. lol So he will NOT be taking an instrument next year at the junior high.


Peanut has started therapy for a whole host of reasons. Maybe I will get into more detail about that another day. Right now, I don't have the energy. And its still too raw. She is getting ready to finish her fourth grade year and we are seriously considering home schooling again in the very near future with her. Her psychiatrist recommends it in conjunction with her regular schooling but if the school refuses to accomodate her needs, then back home she will go.


Sweet Pea is now in soccer with daddy as her coach. She is also my busiest child.... involved in skating on Wednesdays, soccer on Saturdays and library days in between. Summer is going to have her worn out adding in bowling too. I was going to continue working with her all summer on her lessons but we are both burnt out right now. I think that a few months of more practical "hands on" lessons would be the best for us.


Pork Chop... my sweet little baby... is now crawling (like a bear cub), standing unassisted (when he thinks that mama is still holding him lol), attempting steps when he feels brave and climbing on everything that stands still. My little non-eater has now decided that everything is fair game and I sometimes get ragged from constantly feeding him. He has five/six teeth (number 6 cannot quite decide if it wants to be here or not), jabbers up a storm, and is still my little cuddle buddy.


Hubby and I are making great strides in trying to become a healthier family. In addition to our garden that we are working on, we are planning better meals, exercising more as a family (biking has become a passion) and trying to BE more than just SAY more. Tonight actually is the first night all week that we haven't rode. And that was because I was a little apprehensive about taking everyone out by myself while hubby worked late.


As for me.... I am still me. Still knitting, still reading, still taking  pictures. Maybe I will be able to say more about "me" soon but right now, as you can tell, I just fall to the bottom of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment