Sunday, January 13, 2013

lazy Sundays

I am pretty sure that I have said it before and I am pretty sure that I will probably say it about 50 more times this year but I love Sundays. I love having a more relaxed, laid back day where I don't have to feel quite so rushed to get everything accomplished. A day devoted to family and rest. Good meals, great company, wonderful laughs... that's our Sundays here.

Today wasn't all laid back and relaxing since yesterday was so crammed full of "events" but we made it work. We got our grocery shopping and banking in, kids still got their naps in, mama got time to read and daddy had time to play his games. House got cleaned, everyone got fed and bathed... can you really ask for more than that?

helping mama to make daddy's favorite dessert
Hubby enjoys getting to help share in the cooking responsibility on the weekends. Tonight, he treated us to homemade fries, venison burgers and, in true hubby style, no vegetable. Thankfully, we always have carrots on hand for snacking and plenty of fruit so we made do. My favorite part of Sundays is that I have the time to focus on a dessert. I try to make snacks or treats a few times a week but there are weeks that get away from me. Sunday is my chance to set aside the time to do just that. SweetPea picked pineapple upside down cake for our dessert this week and was a peach in the kitchen helping me to bake it.

After dinner on Sundays, hubby and I call the living room to ourselves and have a "date night". Its a chance for us to reconnect and enjoy each other's company. While all the older children get ready for bed, SweetPea and PorkChop usually destroy play in the kitchen, and hubby and I snuggle on the couch and talk. Once the big three are showered, changed and in bed, we either pop in a movie or watch some of our favorite shows (currently Glee) on the playstation. It might not be anyone else's idea of a "perfect date" but for us, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment