Saturday, January 26, 2013

joys of winter

So what do you do when your entire day of plans gets changed at the last minute due to a project deadline at your husband's work? You make the best of those lemons by adding some snow, sun, and slush and make lemon ice. Mmm... lemon ice. I could go for one of those but instead, I will just drink my hot detox tea with a slice of lemon. And maybe dream about the lemon cupcakes I am making tomorrow. Or maybe I will go find myself a lemonade. Nah... I will just wait until summer when lemonade tastes the best.

But seriously, you do go outside and enjoy the weather. Especially when said weather is in the mid 30s after being miserably cold the entire past week. Not that PorkChop and SweetPea minded a bit being bundled up for the second day in a row so they could run and yell, hoot and holler, swing and slide.... And fly.
He flies through the air with the greatest of ease....
We ended up making it outside for about an hour before we were frozen through and through. But looking at the forecast for the week ahead, it looks like our snowy days might be numbered. For now anyway. Just for now. So for today, we enjoyed the sun and snow. Everyone says that I will miss this when the dog days of summer are here but I think not. I remember quite well the cold all year round. Me? I am like one of those lizards that needs the sun and a warm rock to be happy. Give me the summer heat, lazy breezes and a shady tree to read under and I am content.

Thankfully, SweetPea seems to be happy in the cold months and in the warmer. PorkChop is usually my little boy... he doesn't "do" cold well. But apparently, snow and cold is pretty fun as long as there are swings and slides involved. And balls. And sticks. Rakes. Rocks. Ice. Eh... at least he can make the best of any situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment