Tuesday, January 15, 2013

first of the year

I have really been slacking this year. Normally, I have projects lined up and have already begun cracking on that list. This year? Yeah.... I have things in mind but no real direction. I mean, I have ordered the perfect pattern for SweetPea's daddy/daughter dance dress. I bought a couple other cute dress patterns too. I even have a new sweater pattern to knit. Just lacking motivation right now. Big time.

But today, I got started on a project that I have a deadline for. Before Christmas, I got asked to make an Angry Bird hat for a little boy near SweetPea's age. Earlier this month, I got asked to make another for this little boy's cousin. So here I am....

first project of the year
I couldn't find a pattern for the black bird without driving up the price of this hat so I am making one up as I go. Fun times! Just taught myself to crochet in November of 2012 and here I am, trying to create a pattern. I do have the hat pattern down (using a basic existing pattern for that) but all the embellishments are coming from me. Hopefully it turns out ok. I am almost to the point where I need to stop until I can find some grey yarn locally. But it's ok... I have until next Friday to complete this.

Wish me luck! But I think that I am going to be fine. I have faith in myself and major confidence this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment