Monday, January 21, 2013

a year and a half ago....

this sweet little face arrived Earth side. I cannot believe that its been 18 months already. Where does the time go? How did I manage to blink my eyes and yet still manage to capture all these small moments?

PorkChop is now 25lbs and just a hair under 34in tall. His little head is 18.25in around. At 12 months, he was just under 23lbs and 32in. Talk about growing bigger and bigger every day.

He now has all four of his molars and all the rest of his teeth are peeking through the gums, if not all the way through.
18 months
Physically, PorkChop is so more advanced than SweetPea was at this age. He can jump with both feet off the ground and has been since around 15 months. Amazing for a little boy who drug his feet about walking. He adores jumping off the speakers onto the couch and off the chair into the kitchen. He can climb anything and everything and spends most of his day doing just that. He loves stacking blocks, flipping through books and making his Little People converse back and forth.

Talking wise.... he seems pretty behind to me. His speech is so garbled that except for family, he can't really be understood. Unless he wants to be. He has an amazing ear for repetition and loves mimicking the sounds of sirens, the bread machine and certain toys. I am starting to worry that his lip and tongue ties are making it difficult for him to speak but I am not positive. PorkChop still falls within the "normal" range and has proved that his hearing is well. I think that I just need to relax and realize that Porker is so much go, go, go that slowing down to talk just might not even be on his radar yet.

I am eager to see where the next six months takes us. I am ready to watch him continue to flourish and grow. I am making more of a  point to enjoy each and every cuddle, every time that he pulls on my shirt and asks for "bub" with a little knowing nod. I relish each night as he falls asleep in my arms, warm and heavy, with his "soft" cuddled to his nose. I know that these moments are just as fleeting as those baby days were and I am not ready to wish them away just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment