Saturday, January 12, 2013

Christmas came late this year

Christmas seemed to have arrived a bit late this year. Yes, we celebrated Christmas back in December like everyone else but we were special enough to celebrate again in January. I am hoping not to make this a habit but for this year, it was good to spread out the joy a bit.

First, PorkChop's "big gift" from daddy and I just arrived on Tuesday. Huge debacle and not one that I want to go through again. But its here, he loves it and that's all that really matters. If it had to happen to anyone, I am at least glad that it happened to Porker. He was the only child in the house that wasn't upset in the least about waiting for a gift. Quite possibly because he didn't know any better. But I would rather like to think that its just because he is brimming with patience. (Which he most definitely did not get from his mama!)

Secondly, we got to celebrate our little buddy's first birthday today! D officially turned one on Christmas eve but due to the awful cold season going around this year, coupled with the holidays, his birthday celebration was pushed back a bit. Good thing too because it enabled us with the chance to be there with him and his family.

Happy first birthday, baby D!
Last, but certainly not least, I finally got my long awaited Christmas gift... the chance to see Les Miserables in the show! Now that its over, I can admit that I was a tad bit nervous about going to see the movie. The play is one of my favorites and one that, to me, is quite moving. There was a movie made in the 90s based on Victor Hugo's work that was a total bomb, in my opinion. It lacked the artistry and passion that I knew from the play (and remembered from reading the novel, as well). This time, there was no disappointment! Closest screen adaptation that I have seen since Jesus Christ, Superstar and Rent. I am not sure that there was a dry-eye walking from the theatre tonight.

I was so anxious for the holidays to get here but now, having enjoyed them spread out a bit, I can say that they were totally worth the wait. Is it time to start planning our Christmas holiday again??

No comments:

Post a Comment