Sunday, January 27, 2013

about that lemonade.....

I think that I need a little tropical paradise in my life. I miss the sun and warmth. And I think that its starting to show. Three days in a row, I have now bundled up the babies to spend some time in the great outdoors. Today, I baked lemonade cupcakes. Tuesday, I have plans to bake lemon sugar cookies with SweetPea. I am debating adding a second cooking day to attempt to make some coconut lime cookies. Either I need to quit eating baking goodies all the time or I need to suck it up and get used to running through the snow. Not that I run. Prancing would be more like it.

Since hubby worked a full day yet again, I made sure to get up early to bake cupcakes with the littles. I thought that they would get a big kick out of a very light, refreshing cupcake. I should have just made chocolate... they might have been a better "kid" hit. To be more honest, I think that I need to perfect my raspberry buttercream because that might have made the cupcakes better. Or... I could just eat the cupcakes as "muffins" and skip the frosting all together. Yeah, that sounds like a plan.
my very own Backyardigans
I even tried recreating our fun from yesterday. All three of us had a beautiful time outside, playing on the swings, chasing each other around the slide, kicking the soccer ball back and forth. Today, the wind was much more bitter and while the temperature was a bit "warmer", we were all well frosted much sooner. Which resulted in less fresh air, only mama and PorkChop enjoying the lemon-y treat and no real "family time". *sigh*

I know that its a rarity that hubby works the entire weekend unless we are on the road. And that doesn't help either since we were SUPPOSED to be on the road this weekend.... The last one, too. And for some reason, being separated all weekend isn't that big of a deal when you are somewhere new. Or at the very least, somewhere that's not the same old, same old. Hopefully, the super long hours won't last too long. And we will have our family time again. But in the meantime, I need to learn how to suck it up and move on.

Either that or maybe I will just go suck a lemon. Since life handed them to me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment