Friday, February 17, 2012

Look who's moving

My mom had three children with three totally different styles of "getting around" as infants. I crawled for one day, got rug burn, so I got up and walked the next day at nine months. My younger sister was a crawler. She loved the speed and ease of crawling and didn't feel the pressure of getting up and walking. My youngest sister was a butt scooter. She didn't want to crawl, didn't want to walk, just scooched around on her behind.

All of the older kids were crawlers. For varying lengths and starting at differing ages but all were crawlers.

Right now......

PorkChop is a butt scooter.

Its pretty cute watching him push his little hands down on the floor between his legs and scooch around to get into things that I don't really want him eating. Its even funnier watching him get excited and flap around like a baby bird, slowly going forward. But backward is definitely faster. And he has learned to turn himself around backwards to go forward.

Will he ever crawl? I am not sure. He was my earliest to inch worm around on his tummy but he gave it up the earliest too. He has never used rolling as a means of transportation, preferring to use the "pick me up, mama" method.

So for now, I just delight in having a little floor cleaner. Might just need to start adding some feathers to his britches. If PorkChop is going to be sweeping the floor with his rear, he might as well do a good job of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment